We are looking for a bubbly and General manager to join our family here at Artist Residence London.
We’re a small but rapidly expanding group of fun and friendly places to eat, drink and sleep with a focus on great design, food and service. We currently have boutique hotels in London, Brighton, Cornwall and Oxfordshire, each uniquely designed to fit with their surroundings, featuring bars and restaurants that are popular with hotel guests and locals alike.
Our Oxfordshire hotel:
Artist Residence Oxfordshire is an eccentrically English take on the traditional inn, with 5 bedrooms tucked away in the eaves. Featuring individually decorated bedrooms with original exposed beams, big comfy beds and luxe bathrooms, as well as a cosy pub and restaurant, Mr Hanbury’s Mason Arms, just a short walk down the stairs. We like to think we provide a home away from home for our guests, with friendly, down-to-earth service, great food and drink and a fun atmosphere.
Our food & drink:
Our head chef, Leon Smith, is all about rummaging through nature’s larder, with a passion for sourcing the very best local produce from our surroundings, using veggies from the garden, eggs from our very own hens, and ingredients from within 25 miles wherever possible. His menu is an inventive take on British classics, and an ode to the Oxfordshire countryside, all helped along by a varied selection of local ales, fine wines and classic cocktails served with a seasonal British twist.
- We are a growing business, and encourage success. With new openings coming up we aim to give you the guidance needed for you to succeed and progress with us.
- As General Manager, leadership skills are key to motivate and influence the rest of the team. You will be trusted to ensure the Hotel runs smoothly. You must have good intuition and be a master at problem solving.
- A passion for food & beverage and hotels is a must. You must be able to show an interest in, and knowledge of our restaurants, bars and hotels.
- Our team members, like the restaurant and hotel itself, are all very unique, and we all share the same love for hospitality. We want to deliver the best we can to our customers and uphold our reputation for our service. This is why it is essential for the General Manager to be charismatic and engaging, with a love for being front of house, and passionate about every aspect of the operation.
- Organisational skills and ability to work under pressure are key with this role, as we are a small business and are very hands on.
- This role is not role specific and some of your tasks will be working in all areas of the hotel and restaurant. Humility is another important characteristic to have, to jump in and help out your teammates even if it is not in your job spec.
If you think this sounds like your kind of job, please apply. We also would like you to include an answer to these questions:
- The difference between hospitality and service
- You favourite restaurants and why.