We’re a small but rapidly expanding group of fun and friendly places to eat, drink and sleep with a focus on great design, food and service. We currently have boutique hotels in London, Brighton, Cornwall and Oxfordshire, each uniquely designed to fit with their surroundings, featuring bars and restaurants that are popular with hotel guests and locals alike.
Our Cornwall hotel:
Artist Residence Cornwall is located in the old quarter of seaside town, Penzance, and features 24 individually decorated bedrooms and a relaxed restaurant and bar, The Cornish Barn. We like to think we provide a home away from home for our guests, with comfy bedrooms, friendly, down-to-earth service and deliciously wholesome food.
Our food & drink:
The Cornish Barn is a rustic restaurant, bar and smokehouse serving a wholesome menu with a focus on fresh Cornish produce – all helped along by craft beers and wines from local independent vineyards. Our head chef, Gareth, serves a seasonal menu showcasing Cornish produce and traditional cooking techniques. Meat and fish is cured, hung, smoked and charred for a rich and distinctive flavour – the ultimate in Cornish comfort food.
- We are a growing business, and encourage success. With new openings coming up we aim to give you the guidance needed for you to succeed and progress with us.
- As restaurant manager, you will work directly under the GM. Leadership skills are key to motivate and influence the rest of the team. You will be trusted to ensure the restaurant runs smoothly. You must have good intuition and be a master at problem solving.
- A passion for food and beverage is a must. You must have a good knowledge and interest of the restaurants and hotels.
- Our team members, like the restaurant and hotel, are all very unique and we all share the same love for hospitality. We want to deliver the best we can to our customers and uphold our reputation for our service. This is why it is essential for the restaurant manager to be charismatic and engaging, love restaurant work and is passionate about every aspect of the operation.
- Organisational skills and ability to work under pressure are key with this role. As we are a small business and are very hands on. This role is not role specific and some of your tasks will be working in all areas of the hotel and restaurant. Humility is another important characteristic to have, to jump in and help out your teammates even if it is not in your job spec.
If you think this sounds like your kind of job, please apply. We also would like you to include an answer to these questions:
- What is the difference between hospitality and service?
- List 5 of your favourite restaurants or hotels.