Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude?
We are looking for energetic people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. We want a genuine, inspiring and welcoming team to be the focus of what promises to be Bristol’s most exciting new opening of 2019. We want you to blossom and grow with us!
An eccentric bunch of fun & friendly places to eat, drink & sleep
On a corner of leafy Portland square, half way between the city centre and Stokes Croft lies a huge old boot factory – the fifth Artist Residence to be opened. The original Georgian features will be retained, creating a fabulous, sprawling 4-storey pile with 23 bedrooms. In-house kitchen, coffee shop and bar, The Boot Factory, will provide a neighbourhood hangout with a menu of simple, honest food and drink served all day, every day.
For the role of Assistant General Manager, you must have at least two years of experience in hotel management and you would be responsible for:
- Monitoring and maximising the profitability of all departments
- Driving a positive team culture that strive for excellence
- Ensuring top quality managers and supervisors are produced under your wings
- The operational systems are followed to the highest degree
- Ensuring that policies, standards and procedures are met within all departments
- Ensuring all health, safety and compliance standards are met to a 5* rating every time
- Working alongside the Support Team in forecasting, budgeting and reporting of the site
- Pro-actively increase sales & maximise revenue through the events policy, brand loyalty and affiliations and effective contribution towards the marketing and sales strategy
- Ensuring all reconciliations balance within the set parameters, with a tight grip on effective cost control at all times
- Maintaining an operational budget with smooth, efficient and effective staff scheduling, absence and stock management
- Attend and participate in weekly site meetings, chairing these in the absence of the GM
- Being kind to the people around you
- Making people’s day better!
If this sounds like you, or you would like to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to send across your CV or send us an email.
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to grow your career to the next level
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome.
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality
- In-house training for: food, cocktails, coffee and health & safety
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests
- Monetary reward for recommending a friend who stays with us for more than 6 months