Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love cooking great food? Do you have an infectious positive attitude? Then we want to hear from you!
Here at Artist Residence we like to think of our places as neighbourhood hangouts and a home-from-home for the creative traveller, full of soul, good times and somewhere our guests can enjoy from breakfast to bedtime, coffee to cocktails. Our food and drink is simple, honest and tasty, whilst our bedrooms are comfy and bohemian with art that makes you smile. Our culture is like that of a family – with a big passion and drive to constantly grow, develop and be the very best we can.
We are excited to be hiring part and full time chefs to join our friendly, down to earth kitchen team at our Cornish outpost in delivering an outstanding guest experience. This means ensuring that food always tastes great, is delivered quickly always to a 5* standard and is cooked to the specifications provided with minimal waste.
What are we looking for?
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. People who genuinely care in ensuring every guest has an amazing time and can’t wait to come back!
We have high standards of quality and service and expect everyone to be super friendly to both our guests & their team; as a small team, you will need to be supportive and flexible to play your part in making sure that this happens.
Candidates must be able to work weekends and split shifts (we serve breakfast, lunch & dinner). Shifts are rotated across our main kitchen and garden seafood shack offering. We’ll teach you everything you’ll need to know but for this role we are looking for:
- Experience of providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy pub or restaurant
- An eye for presentation in a rustic style
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Able to multitask
Becoming part of our family means sharing our values, being an ambassador for the brand and caring about making us one of the best hospitality companies around. In return we offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career to the next level and most importantly ensure you are happy as a much valued member of the Artist Residence family!
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome.
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality
- In-house training
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests