Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude? Then we want to hear from you!
Here at Artist Residence we like to think of our places as neighbourhood hangouts and a home-from-home for the creative traveller, full of soul, good times and somewhere our guests can enjoy from breakfast to bedtime, coffee to cocktails. Our food and drink is simple, honest and tasty, whilst our bedrooms are comfy and bohemian with art that makes you smile. Our culture is like that of a family – with a big passion and drive to constantly grow, develop and be the very best we can.
We are excited to be hiring a Commis Chef to join our family and support the kitchen team in producing great tasting dishes that are beautifully presented for our guests, which they rave about and can’t wait to come back for! You will be responsible for everything from dish preparation, measuring ingredients and portion sizes correctly, setting up and closing down the kitchen and your section to make sure that everything is always sparkling clean, safe and organised. You will also be preparing wholesome team food as well as ensuring deliveries are promptly and safely put away.
What are we looking for?
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. People who genuinely care in ensuring every guest has an amazing time and can’t wait to come back!
We have high standards of quality and service and expect everyone to be super friendly to both our guests & their team; as a small team, you will need to be supportive and flexible to play your part in making sure that this happens.
Tons of experience is not essential as we’ll teach you everything you need to know but for a Commis Chef role we are looking for:
- Some experience of providing support in a busy pub or restaurant
- Passion for food and ability to cook precisely and efficiently
- Attention to detail, presentation and commitment to quality
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
Becoming part of our family means sharing our values, being an ambassador for the brand and caring about making us one of the best hospitality companies around.
In return we offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career to the next level and most importantly ensure you are happy as a much valued member of the Artist Residence family!
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome.
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality.
- In-house training
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests