You have a sunny personality, are super passionate and have an infectious, positive attitude. Hands-on and highly motivated, you love travelling between different locations.
You genuinely care that all of our spaces look awesome and function as they should do, with our guests at the heart of everything you do. Your organisation skills are second to none and you have the ability to solve issues calmly and pro-actively. You are a skilled communicator, capable of effectively and efficiently dealing with all character types.
Your creative flair, great eye for all things interior and superb attention to detail inspire excellence and you have a thirst for knowledge; consistently striving to be the best you can be. You have a genuine love for our decor and style.
We like to think of our places as neighbourhood hangouts full of soul & good times. Somewhere you can go all day; from breakfast to bedtime, coffee to cocktails. Food & drink is simple, honest and super tasty. Bedrooms are luxurious but bohemian with art that makes you smile. Our style is understated and comfortable.
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. Years of experience is not essential – just ambition to be the best, with leadership skills and a love of people. Our design director and founder Justin will help you blossom & grow, and, most importantly, work to ensure you are happy and challenged. Our culture is like that of a family – with a big passion & drive to constantly grow, develop and be the best you can be.
About The Role
You will work closely with our design director and general managers and are responsible for ensuring our sites look great and are styled effortlessly. During renovations you will be creating, preparing and coordinating design concepts and ensuring project management is smooth and efficient. You have an ability to manage time, builders and projects effectively whilst engaging the wider team throughout the interiors processes.
- Designer working closely with UK Director and General Managers to keep our sites looking amazing day to day
- Working remotely at all of our sites to style them and support the GM’s
- Producing weekly reports for each site for The Director and GM’s
- Ordering and re-ordering FFE where needed for sites on P&L or Capex
- Guiding GM’s on FFE needed and ordering new items – all things FFE to come through The Director
- Working closely and performing weekly check-ins with maintenance teams to make sure their side of keeping sites looking good is up to standard.
- Creating, preparing and presenting design concepts and drawings through design director when a site needs refurbishing
- Working on FFE schedule for refurbishment
- Using contacts in the industry to ensure we get the best possible quality, price and service – establishes par levels in sites to minimise disruption when items need repairing/replacing
- Preparing FFE budgets for the refurbs
- Creating Capex request documents in line with company standards
- Using templates from ID team to keep it all streamlined – in design presentations/FFE budgets/FFE schedules
- Managing FF&E, sourcing to keep in line with and managing the budget with finance
- Working with architects on plans/floorplans where needed
- Working closely with the purchasing team to ensure a smooth purchasing process
- Closely monitoring and manages supplier’s progress to target deadlines
- Attending regular site visits at key stages to coordinate trades and project management
If you think this role is for you please email with answers to the following questions:
- What do you love about Artist Residence?
- What are your favourite restaurants, bars and hotels?
Please note if the above questions are not answered your application will not be considered.
Applicants must be based in London, as our HQ is on the Chelsea Embankment. They must also be happy to travel between sites regularly.