Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude? Then we want to hear from you!
We are excited to be hiring a General Manager to become the biggest key player in the success of the site operation! Acting as an ambassador for the Artist Residence brand you will take responsibility for all day to day aspects of operations on site, ensuring that guests rave about us and we are one of the best places to work! You will be providing leadership and strategic ideas for all site departments while making sure revenue and budget targets are met and exceeded. You will also ensure that you have a fully staffed, engaged, trained and motivated team who deliver amazing service all day, every day.
Here at Artist Residence and Cambridge Street we like to think of our places as neighbourhood hangouts and a home-from-home for the creative traveller, full of soul, good times and somewhere our guests can enjoy from breakfast to bedtime, coffee to cocktails. Our food and drink is simple, honest and tasty, whilst our bedrooms are comfy and bohemian with art that makes you smile. Our culture is like that of a family – with a big passion and drive to constantly grow, develop and be the very best we can.
An eccentric bunch of fun & friendly places to eat, drink & sleep
What are we looking for?
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. People who genuinely care in ensuring every guest has an amazing time and can’t wait to come back!
We have high standards of quality and service and expect everyone to be super friendly to both our guests & their team; as a small team, you will need to be supportive and flexible to play your part in making sure that this happens.
For the role of General Manager you would be responsible for:
- Hospitality experience at managerial level ideally in hotel and Food & Beverage
- Strategic and visionary thinker
- Ability to deal effectively and calmly with difficult or unforeseen situations
- Strong people management skills and experience
- The ability to engage and motivate others
- An attitude and knack of identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Financial management skills
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- The opportunity to grow your career to the next level
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality
- In-house training
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests
Becoming part of our family means sharing our values, being an ambassador for the brand and caring about making us one of the best hospitality companies around.
In return we offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career to the next level and most importantly ensure you are happy as a much valued member of the Artist Residence family!
Job Type: Full Time
If this sounds like you, or you would like to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to send across your CV or send us an email.