Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude?
We are looking for energetic people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. We want a genuine, inspiring and welcoming team to be the focus of what promises to be Bristol’s most exciting new opening of 2019. We want you to blossom and grow with us!
An eccentric bunch of fun & friendly places to eat, drink & sleep
On a corner of leafy Portland square, half way between the city centre and Stokes Croft lies a huge old boot factory – the fifth Artist Residence to be opened. The original Georgian features will be retained, creating a fabulous, sprawling 4-storey pile with 23 bedrooms. In-house kitchen, coffee shop and bar, The Boot Factory, will provide a neighbourhood hangout with a menu of simple, honest food and drink served all day, every day.
For the role of Head Chef, you must have at least two years of experience in a similar role in a fast paced, premium casual dining kitchen and you would be responsible for:
- A positive kitchen team culture that drive for excellence, to ensure the best possible experience is provided to our guests and colleagues
- Maximising sales and profitability through effective cost control and creating great tasting quality food and menus within the AR vision and values
- A well-trained kitchen team ensuring the people policy is followed at all times
- Kitchen operations and menus that are designed to maximise sales and output
- A kitchen environment where the team are motivated and encouraged to maximise sales
- Operational systems are followed and developed to the highest degree
- Ensuring that policies, standards and procedures are met within all departments
- Ensuring the kitchen and back of house areas look and feel their best at all times via the site management of 5* cleanliness, maintenance and presentation
- Ensuring all health, safety and food hygiene compliance standards are met to a 5* rating every time
- Making staff food that is tasty, nutritious, fulfilling and on budget
- Work alongside the General Manager to create forecasts, targets & budgets
- Ensure effective communication between the front of house, kitchen and General Manager
- Being kind to the people around you
- Making people’s day better!
If this sounds like you, or you would like to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to send across your CV or send us an email.
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to grow your career to the next level
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality
- In-house training for: food, cocktails, coffee and health & safety
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests
- Monetary reward for recommending a friend who stays with us for more than 6 months