General Manager – Mason Arms Pub – Oxfordshire countryside – Artist Residence
From the multi-award-winning group Artist Residence – Fun and Friendly places to eat drink and sleep!
Mr Hanbury’s Mason Arms is an award winning idyllic country pub near Oxford in the heart of the English countryside. Our kitchen serves the best seasonal produce from our kitchen garden and neighbouring farms cooked over an open grill. The pub offers local draft beers and seasonal cocktails. The 16th-century inn has six luxurious bedrooms nestled under its cosy thatch, each a calming combination of luxurious linens, bohemian styling and antique furnishings.
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate General manager with previous experience to lead our team. As General manager you will be hands on, proactive and an enthusiastic leader injecting your personality into your work and inspiring the team to deliver a warm and memorable guest experience.
You will work closely with the owners, head chef and Assistant General Manager and be responsible for the overall performance of the front of house team, managing financials, recruitment, team development, stock management and health and safety.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in hospitality, restaurant and hotel management.
- Extremely organised with the ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations and environments
- Ability to think quickly in order to solve problems and challenges
- An amazing communicator- with both guests and the rest of the team
- Loves to develop, train and coach the team
- You are super passionate about travel, food and drink
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance related bonus structure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday Voucher
- Recruitment Incentive Scheme
- Meal whilst on shift
- 20% – 50% off meals taken off duty for you and up to 4 friends