Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude? Then we want to hear from you!
Here at Artist Residence we like to think of our places as neighbourhood hangouts and a home-from-home for the creative traveller, full of soul, good times and somewhere our guests can enjoy from breakfast to bedtime, coffee to cocktails. Our food and drink is simple, honest and tasty, whilst our bedrooms are comfy and bohemian with art that makes you smile. Our culture is like that of a family – with a big passion and drive to constantly grow, develop and be the very best we can.
We are excited to be hiring a Head Chef to join our family and become one of the biggest key players in the success of this busy site operation. You will be responsible for managing the small team to ensure great tasting, awesome dishes are consistently produced with a positive leadership and team culture that drive for excellence. Under your leadership the dishes will be always to a high standard, correct recipe and presentation spec, served in a prompt and timely manner. The stock as well as staff scheduling will always be managed effectively. Your site will be a safe & hygienic place to work with 5* cleanliness and procedures always followed. And last but not least you will be continually coaching and training staff, always leading by example and ensuring a team full of superstars.
What are we looking for?
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. People who genuinely care in ensuring every guest has an amazing time and can’t wait to come back!
We have high standards of quality and service and expect everyone to be super friendly to both our guests & their team; as a small team, you will need to be supportive and flexible to play your part in making sure that this happens.
For a Kitchen Manager/Head Chef we are looking for:
- An amazing eye for presentation in a rustic style and love for ingredients-based cooking.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability to make sure that you and the team stay calm under pressure
- Extreme attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Team management experience with passion about developing an awesome team and inspiring them
- Ability to manage a budget and keep accurate records
Becoming part of our family means sharing our values, being an ambassador for the brand and caring about making us one of the best hospitality companies around.
In return we offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career to the next level and most importantly ensure you are happy as a much valued member of the Artist Residence family!
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome.
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality.
- In-house training
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests