Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude?
We are looking for energetic people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. We want a genuine, inspiring and welcoming team to be the focus of what promises to be Bristol’s most exciting new opening of 2019. We want you to blossom and grow with us!
An eccentric bunch of fun & friendly places to eat, drink & sleep
On a corner of leafy Portland square, half way between the city centre and Stokes Croft lies a huge old boot factory – the fifth Artist Residence to be opened. The original Georgian features will be retained, creating a fabulous, sprawling 4-storey pile with 23 bedrooms. In-house kitchen, coffee shop and bar, The Boot Factory, will provide a neighbourhood hangout with a menu of simple, honest food and drink served all day, every day.
For the role of Head Housekeeper, you must have at least two years of hotel experience in a similar role and you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth, efficient and effective housekeeping operations
- Ensuring you have a housekeeping team full of well-trained superstars, ensuring that all employee training is completed, with the people policy followed at all times
- The hotel bedrooms, communal areas and exterior are cleaned to a 5* standard
- Guest requests and requirements are delivered as per the arrivals report
- Operational processes and procedures are consistently followed to a high degree
- Effective management of mini bars; fully stocked, sales and data recorded
- Mini bar & room add-ons stock reconciles each week
- HSK stock management; safe keeping, orders & receiving
- The housekeeping team work efficiently and effectively to the housekeeping times allowance guide
- Building maintenance is consistently managed effectively to a 5* standard
- Managing the department staff scheduling and absence management to the operating budget and policy
- Attending and participating in weekly management meetings to improve the overall product and operation
- Managing & maintaining all health & safety procedures and requirements within your department, ensuring the team are doing their part to aim for 5* ratings every time
- Ensuring all team are COSHH trained
- Ensure the team are always polite, discrete and helpful in the presence of guests
- Being kind to the people around you
- Making people’s day better!
If this sounds like you, or you would like to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to send across your CV or send us an email.
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- Competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to grow your career to the next level
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality
- In-house training for: food, cocktails, coffee and health & safety
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests
- Monetary reward for recommending a friend who stays with us for more than 6 months