Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude? Then we want to hear from you!
Here at Artist Residence we like to think of our places as neighbourhood hangouts and a home-from-home for the creative traveller, full of soul, good times and somewhere our guests can enjoy from breakfast to bedtime, coffee to cocktails. Our food and drink is simple, honest and tasty, whilst our bedrooms are comfy and bohemian with art that makes you smile. Our culture is like that of a family – with a big passion and drive to constantly grow, develop and be the very best we can.
We are excited to be hiring a House Manager for our buzzing Brighton outpost (otherwise known as a Duty Manager) to become one of the key players in ensuring our guests are superbly looked after, the shift runs smoothly and always has a great atmosphere, drinks quality and speed of service is upheld and the team are engaged, motivated and given on shift training and feedback so that amazing service is always delivered. As the House Manager you are responsible for hosting the ebb and flow of the building, always ensuring a friendly welcome and farewell, guest checkin and checkout, seating plans, guest relations, troubleshooting issues when things go wrong and being a great communicator.
What are we looking for?
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. People who genuinely care in ensuring every guest has an amazing time and can’t wait to come back!
We have high standards of quality and service and expect everyone to be super friendly to both our guests & their team. As a small team, you will need to be supportive and flexible to play your part in making sure that this happens.
In a House Manager we are looking for:
- Hospitality experience at supervisory or managerial level either within a hotel or a restaurant/bar
- Amazing at customer relations and providing a great ambience
- Ability to deal effectively and calmly with difficult or unforeseen situations
- People management skills and experience, with the ability to provide on-shift training, coaching & feedback
- The ability to engage and motivate others
Becoming part of our family means sharing our values, being an ambassador for the brand and caring about making us one of the best hospitality companies around.
In return we offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career to the next level and most importantly ensure you are happy as a much valued member of the Artist Residence family!
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- Fresh & wholesome meals when at work
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality
- In-house training
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests