Do you have a sunny personality? Do you love to go over and beyond expectations? Do you have an infectious positive attitude?
We are looking for energetic people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. We want a genuine, inspiring and welcoming team to be the focus of what promises to be Bristol’s most exciting new opening of 2020. We want you to blossom and grow with us!
An eccentric bunch of fun & friendly places to eat, drink & sleep
On a corner of leafy Portland square, half way between the city centre and Stokes Croft lies a huge old boot factory – the fifth Artist Residence to be opened. The original Georgian features will be retained, creating a fabulous, sprawling 4-storey pile with 23 bedrooms. In-house kitchen, coffee shop and bar, The Boot Factory, will provide a neighbourhood hangout with a menu of simple, honest food and drink served all day, every day.
We are excited to be hiring a Junior Sous Chef to join our family and support the Head Chef in managing the team to ensure great tasting, awesome dishes that are consistently produced, ensuring our guests rave and rave about us! Under your leadership the dishes will be always to a high standard, correct recipe and presentation spec, served in a prompt and timely manner and the stock will always be managed effectively. Your site will be a safe & hygienic place to work with 5* cleanliness and procedures always followed. And last but not least you will be continually coaching and training staff, always leading by example.
What are we looking for?
We are an independent home-grown company with a big heart. We are looking for passionate people with a thirst for knowledge who strive to be the best they can be. People who genuinely care in ensuring every guest has an amazing time and can’t wait to come back!
We have high standards of quality and service and expect everyone to be super friendly to both our guests & their team; as a small team, you will need to be supportive and flexible to play your part in making sure that this happens. For a Junior Sous Chef role we are looking for:
- Experience of providing a high standard fresh food in a busy pub or restaurant
- An amazing eye for presentation in a rustic style and love for ingredients-based cooking.
- First rate culinary skills
- Ability to make sure that you and the team stay calm under pressure
- Extreme attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Team leadership experience with passion for inspiring and developing others
Becoming part of our family means sharing our values, being an ambassador for the brand and caring about making us one of the best hospitality companies around.
In return we offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career to the next level and most importantly ensure you are happy as a much valued member of the Artist Residence family!
- A genuine and happy place to work in with an amazing atmosphere
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- A generous food allowance, all meals are included when you are at work, which are fresh and wholesome.
- Working in a like-minded team who share their passion for high quality, creative and fresh food & drinks and providing outstanding hospitality.
- In-house training
- 25% off hotel stays
- 15% off hotel stays for friends & family
- Up to 50% off food & drink for you and 3 guests