About us :
We’re a small but rapidly expanding group of fun and friendly places to eat, drink and sleep with a focus on great design, food and service. We currently have boutique hotels in London, Brighton, Cornwall and Oxfordshire, each uniquely designed to fit with their surroundings, featuring bars and restaurants that are popular with hotel guests and locals alike.
Our Cornwall hotel :
Artist Residence Cornwall is located in the old quarter of seaside town, Penzance, and features 24 individually decorated bedrooms and a relaxed restaurant and bar, The Cornish Barn. We like to think we provide a home away from home for our guests, with comfy bedrooms, friendly, down-to-earth service and deliciously wholesome food.
Our food & drink :
The Cornish Barn is a rustic restaurant, bar and smokehouse serving a wholesome menu with a focus on fresh Cornish produce – all helped along by craft beers and wines from local independent vineyards. Our head chef, Gareth, serves a seasonal menu showcasing Cornish produce and traditional cooking techniques. Meat and fish is cured, hung, smoked and charred for a rich and distinctive flavour – the ultimate in Cornish comfort food.
The Details …
- The opportunity to be part of a fun and friendly team in an award-winning boutique hotel group
- There is opportunity to grow with an exciting young company and be part of a team who is passionate about everything they do
- The opportunity to work for a company focused on their employees
- The chance to work in a creative environment
- Receive a competitive package with a significant opportunity for career development along with other benefits
The Role …
- Assists the General Manager to drive the operation
- Assists and collaborates with the front desk team
- Work alongside the management team to deliver exceptional service
- Maintain a perfect level of cleanliness of all public areas
- Maintain a great atmosphere throughout the operation
- Use your own initiative to drive the operation
- Train and motivate your staff
- Adopt a proactive approach when it comes to complaint handling
- Will need to be fun, engaging, sociable and have a good sense of humour! We like to think we hire people who could be our friends
We want you if …
- You have hotel or leisure experience in a similar role
- You are experienced in managing staff and driving service
- You’ll have a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- You’ll know your way around a computer.
- Fluent in English, good command of another language would be a plus
- You are fun, and want to work in a fun and friendly place
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career in a fast paced, high profile brand.
In return, expect a great salary with competitive benefits and career growth. Please apply and tell us why you want to join the Artist Residence Family!