We take the matter of your privacy and personal information very seriously.
If you are asked to provide information to Artist Residence Ltd it will only be used in the ways described here.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact us using the details shown on our website or as set out further below.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This website policy was reviewed and updated in July 2021.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on our website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
The Data We Collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including telephone numbers, postal and email addresses
• Demographic information, such as postcode, date of birth and preferences
• Website usage and technical data including your IP address and browser type/version
How do we use your data?
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Artist Residence Ltd., enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customize the website for you
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To send you promotional mailings
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we may share your information with:
• Individuals within Artist Residence
• Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Cookies and How We Use Them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using Google Analytics. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Confirm your agreement to our collection and processing of your personal data pursuant to this policy and in accordance with the law
• Opt in to receive marketing communications from us by email.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily via one of these methods:
• Email us at [email protected]
• Visit or phone an Artist Residence property and ask to change your records
• Write to us at: Artist Residence Ltd., 56 Burnaby Street, London, SW10 0PN
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with GDPR.
Security And Storage
We will always hold your data securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We will at all times process and store personal data in line with relevant legislation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links From Our Site
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Artist Residence domains.
This includes thesetrestaurant.com, shop.artistresidence.co.uk and artistresidence.giftpro.co.uk. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Access To Information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. To request your information please contact [email protected]
The mobile application is owned and operated by Artist Residence, who are the controller of all stored data.
PepperHQ Ltd operate as a processor of data for Artist Residence App.
Information we collect about you through Artist Residence App.
We collect information about you when you:
– register to use Artist Residence App;
– attempt to check in to one of our stores;
– register your debit or credit card details;
– upload a profile photo, and
– use the payments facility in Artist Residence App to pay for your purchase.
This information is collected, stored and processed under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract” i.e. We need this data for you to be able to use the App for it’s primary purposes.
Using your information
Collecting personal information in Artist Residence App (name, email address, date of birth) helps us to better understand what you need from us.
We use your information to:
– improve the functionality and performance of Artist Residence App;
– personalize our services to you;
– tell you about important changes to Artist Residence App and related services, and
– manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to third party companies for marketing purposes.
Artist Residence App captures your geographic location when you attempt to “check in” to one of our stores. We do this to identify which store you are in or near to allow you to pay using Artist Residence App, and to provide an enhanced visitor experience (for example, through digital loyalty cards). We will only capture this information with your consent. Artist Residence App also captures basic usage metrics to help us identify any problems and to make improvements in the future. These metrics also help us understand how people use Artist Residence App and how many people use the different functions within Artist Residence App.
Your contact details and personal information may be used to send direct marketing messages to you via your contact details provided. This is done only with your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time from the “MyAccount” options within the app. You may refuse consent for marketing messages without detriment to any other areas of functionality within the app.
Information We Capture
We provide enhanced store visit experiences when you choose to “check in” to one of our stores and allow you to pay using Artist Residence App. You may prevent Artist Residence App from accessing your device’s location services, or turn off the location services of your Mobile Device. Doing so will impact the capability of Artist Residence App and prevent you from enjoying an enhanced experience.
Data you share with us (including information you give us when signing up, and information which is shared automatically, such as Device ID, and IP address)
We use this data to log you in to Artist Residence App and it helps us understand our customers better and present you with appropriate offers and promotions. Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection. You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
Data you share with us if you log on through Facebook (Including your gender, date of birth, profile photo)
We use this data to log you in to Artist Residence App, and it helps us understand our customers better and potentially present you with offers and promotions. Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
Your card details
Your card details are not stored on Artist Residence App and they are only used in accordance with your top-up instructions. Your card details are stored with our payment gateway partner – Judopay – who are a Level 1 certified PCI-DSS Service Provider. You will have to use this payment facility to pay for your purchase in the app
Your profile photo
Your profile photo is used in store to verify your identity. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete your profile photo. However, you must have a profile photo if you wish to use Artist Residence App to collect your purchases in-store.
Your purchase history
We use your purchase history to provide personalised offers and analyse which products and rewards are most likely to interest you.
Data storage, protection and your right to access and erasure
Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over secure network connections. We will store your information for as long as your account exists in Artist Residence App. If your user account is entirely inactive for a period of 12 months or more, we will delete your account. If you ask us to, or if you delete your account, we will delete the information linked to your account which can identify you personally, including your profile photo and personal details.
You may ask us, at any time, to provide to you confirmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. This will generally be provided within 7-21 working days.
Marketing and Research
If you agree, we may contact you:
– with offers and information about Artist Residence products or services.
– for customer research, e.g. to help improve our service.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing and/or research purposes by following the instructions in any such communication or by emailing us at [email protected]
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of Artist Residence Limited except:
– Where we have your consent
– Where we are required or permitted to do so by law
– To any successors in title to our business.
If we ever transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, email us at [email protected] Please confirm any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of May 2019. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us at [email protected]